DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Miss Heidi Says, Hi!

A few who check out my blog occasionally ask about Heidi, my love dog. So here are a few photos, she is my best and most frequent subject. Most of the time she is lying down. If you what a calm mellow breed of dog, you can't go wrong with a Great Dane.

Like those of you who love posting pictures of your grandchildren and children, I post some of my bitch.


















"Sorry! I get the whole bed tonight. You can sleep on one of the bunk beds in the other room"






















Heidi has a not so secret admirer who is always wanting to be close. . . . .No! not me! . . . Her pet kitten.























Sometimes staying close is having to just be touching at the far end.



















Other time's, your patience is rewarded and you get to snuggle up close and personal by your love's face.


Heidi occasionally gives off a low growl as a kind of indication she is not totally pleased with the kitten's persistent attention. But she never snaps at the kitten and is long suffering until her kitten settle on a place and position with which they are both comfortable.

It would be nice to be able to show you some action shots but action does not happen often with Heidi, with the exception of when she attacks a pig and hangs on to a 700 pound sow's ear as the sow charges for cover somewhere with dog attached. Either the dog lets go or her teeth rip out of the ear. Not a pretty site.

I expect if the neighbour's pit bull gives her a hard time, it will get as well as it gives.

Then back to napping. We sure share a lot of napping together. One of life's simple pleasures.

11 Comments:

At 4:36 p.m., Anonymous daffy said...

She is so sweet, she has such a lovely placid temprement. (I can't spell that!) The kitten must feel safe or I doubt she would go anywhere near! My dads dog, Scruff is sweet natured but I'm pretty sure she licks her lips when she sees my daughters hamster, Lollipop... I'm pretty sure she'd like a squirrel sandwich too!
Hope you are ok Philip, things are a bit busy here... work is busy as we are down to two in the office! (from ten to four and now we are two due to holidays and sickness!)
Oh and it's been snowing off and on all day... not loads but enough to send me into panic mode! You keep warm and give Heidi a snuggle for me! x

 
At 5:20 p.m., Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Is Heidi a Great Dane Dame or some such? Great photos with the kitten.

 
At 7:37 p.m., Blogger KGMom said...

Oh, thanks for the Heidi update.
What a lady she is (hmmm, sort of), sharing her bed with the kitten. And sometimes you.
It was a great day you and the Great Dane got together.

 
At 10:17 p.m., Blogger Loretta said...

Oh...so sweet. Since it has got so cold I am keeping my old (15 year old) cat in the house. He would lay on my head all night if I would let him! He does keep my feet warm.lol

 
At 10:02 a.m., Blogger Caddie said...

Hidy, Miss Heidi. Lovely pictures of you in your resting state. You appear to have had a hard day. Scoot over a bit, hmm?
I had no idea you chase the pigs -be a good girl. Just teasing you as I bet this helps you keep your youthful figure.

Phillip, thank you for sharing her with us. I'm amazed each time I see Heidi's long trim limbs.
She is such a huge beautiful creature; so is that kitten; I've wondered if it romps with Heidi.

Chocko's a pudgy bloke. What a contrast in two dogs! He's a good boy though; he just can't exercise as needed and he would like. Security is a real need. He needs a kitten too, but my skin is too vulnerable for claws, so....

Happy holidays to you and yours, Sir.

 
At 10:42 a.m., Blogger Gattina said...

That's a long time I haven't seen Heidi, she is such a funny long leg ! and together with this tiny kitty, they look soo cute ! I just imagine her hanging at a sow's ear, that must be spectacular, lol !

 
At 10:50 a.m., Blogger MamaHen said...

That dog cracks me up! And it's so funny that little kitten insists on staying so close to her.
I have a close friend that has always had Great Danes but they were not as...tolerant.

 
At 5:32 p.m., Blogger amelia said...

She's lovely!! The kitty is beautiful too, it's good that they're friends.
Heidi looks as if she could use a toenail trim!!!

 
At 10:33 a.m., Blogger Mary said...

I'm glad that Heidi and the kitten have such a close relationship. Goes to show you that dogs and cats can get along. Too bad people didn't accept each other like Heidi and the kitten do. Lovely photos, Philip. Also enjoyed your post about the Deli.

Happy Christmas week to you, my friend.
Blessings,
Mary

 
At 2:49 p.m., Blogger Peggy said...

I just love Heidi!!! Still enjoying the snow here... I am so loving it!

 
At 2:41 p.m., Blogger Janet said...

Those pictures are too too sweet!!!!!! The one of the kitten curled up at Heidi's neck is priceless.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home