DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Heidi and Her Kitten

Some people have been asking about Heidi and her pet kitten. So here are some photos.

(click on photos to enlarge)


















These are the two kittens which have been raised in my closet until now. They are presently enjoying some adventures living under my desk where they can sit on my feet. The one on the left is Heidi's kitten.




















Whenever she get a chance, Heidi picks her kitten up by the scruff of her neck and puts her on the bed. She used to go into the closet and find her now she nosey's around the desk until she locates her. She begins to bathe the kitten licking her all over; belly, under the tail, and on her back. The kitten just lies there and takes her rough washing. What else can she do? This is a once daily event.




















Here Heidi has placed the kitten on her paws to finish up the bath.



















The kitten sees willing to lay along side Heidi for a while. When a good opportunity occurs, when she can rejoin her kitten and mother, she does. Heidi's daily cleaning chore being over.

I worry a little that Heidi might hurt the kitten just because of her size and strength. It is interesting to see a animal that would rip the throat out of a pig. if it could, would be so gentle and attentive to a kitten.

I am glad she understands I am the Alpha male around here and also a "pussy cat" of a person.

16 Comments:

At 3:14 p.m., Blogger Loretta said...

Oh,how sweet. It will be interesting to see how it goes as the kitten grows up.

 
At 6:30 p.m., Blogger KGMom said...

Philip--this really is amazing.
It reminds me a bit of the gorilla Koko and her kitten. Interesting that the mama cat allows it. Maybe she too has no choice.
Thanks for the update--since I was one of those who asked.

 
At 6:46 p.m., Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Way to go Heidi!

 
At 8:29 p.m., Blogger John and Carol said...

Those are the sweetest photos! We are cat lovers and it's good to see Heidi is too.

 
At 8:37 a.m., Blogger Tom said...

I had a German Shepard dog that did much the same Philip... people could not believe it... Heidi is looking very well...

Tom

 
At 6:34 p.m., Blogger Caddie said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 6:50 p.m., Blogger Caddie said...

This is just precious, Phillip. I'm not surprised in the least and feel that Heidi will be best friends with her kitten through life.

I've always had dogs,cats and birds with never the loss of one because of another. Worried when I got Choco and Hope as they went for the cockatiel instantly but I'd caged him before unleashing them. In three days though all was calm and now Choco and the bird sit side by side on the porch and also play - such a pleasure to watch them. I could write a book about my life with animals and their compatibility - if I could learn to write! Once I had a doberman and her friend,the little diddle/chick. It followed her, would climb on the dog's back and ride along. We made a parade going down the road. Lady was terribly upset that a neighbor's dog killed the chick; came flying to me barking hysterically and led me right to it and appeared to be grieving for awhile afterward.

So I think all will be fine at your place. I do wonder why Heidi hasn't adopted both kittens - in time probably she will. Also Mama Cat knows the score, I'm sure, apparently in full approval.

 
At 1:19 a.m., Blogger Gattina said...

This is soooo cute ! this tiny little thing and the enormous dog ! It must be all wet when the bath is finished !

 
At 5:28 p.m., Blogger Ginnie said...

That seems amazing to me. The little kitten surely knows how to survive...she just lays back and lets her HUGE friend say "I love you" in her own way.

 
At 4:31 p.m., Blogger possum said...

AAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwww. Those are precious pictures... Thanks for sharing!

 
At 3:42 a.m., Blogger Tom said...

How are your pigs Philip? I do hope this Swine Flu gives your farm a miss.. I have been thinking of you and your stock while this is on going my friend.

 
At 4:36 p.m., Anonymous daffy said...

Hey those are purrfectly lovely pics! Heidi is so gentle and very sweet!
Hope you are ok Philip! No doubt those cats/dogs/pigs are keeping you busy!

 
At 2:46 p.m., Blogger amelia said...

This is sooo sweet! I firmly believe that more animals would peacefully cohabit if we allowed them to.

 
At 12:33 a.m., Blogger Sebastien Millon said...

Hi there,

found your blog through Daffy's blog. Those are amazing pictures, too adorable. Dogs can be so incredible with their capacity for gentleness and kindness.

-Sebastien

 
At 10:42 a.m., Blogger possum said...

Happy Mother's Day, Heidi!

 
At 12:39 a.m., Blogger Janet said...

These are so sweet. Heidi must have missed out on being a mom.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home