DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Saturday, October 01, 2005

ISFAHAN

My favourite web site on the Internet is one about Isfahan, http://isfahan.apu.ac.uk/isfahan.html

This wonderful Persian city (a world heritage site) is in Iran. It is a city filled with marvelous Islamic architecture from ages past. I love the web site not only for it's content but for its design as it allows you to navigate around the city to view the buildings. I was surprised when I mentioned it to my sister and she told me she had been there. I also had a Muslim woman with whom I exchanged emails who had also been there and shared some of her photos with me.

Sadly, there is a nuclear fuel processing site underground near the city. The thought of the US or Israel bombing this area to destroy Iran's energy program fills one with overwelming sadness of what could happen to this part of civilizations heritage. Perhaps, the Iranians feel the city gives their nuclear site some protection. I doubt if anything could stop the barbarians when their minds are made up. Remember the Iraqi Museum and manuscript archives!!!

I hope others will enjoy this site and Isfahan will be there, intact, for centuries to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home