DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

This is my stream beside which I sit and contemplate life as it passes, occasionally tossing a pebble in the stream. While the stream passes with its own schedule, my occasional pebble causes a ripple adding to the flow but also affecting the present and past as well. This then is the theme of my blog. My thoughts and images will be tossed out from time to time affecting life as it passes.


I reality this is a quiet spot on the Temagami River where we have build a log camp in a grove of elm trees. It is an old crossing of the river between two farms. There used to be a house and a barn on opposite shore and another on the near shore not far from this spot. They are gone now and life has moved on.

There was a time when this idyllic spot on the river was more tortured. Here is what it looked like in 1922 when logs were floated down the river and the trees were cut to the waters edge.

Progress!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home