DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012


Whew! Too Hot Already

Today is the first day of Summer. It is here with a vengeance. We are having a heat wave already. I find myself humming this song by Marilyn Munroe. It does not make it feel any cooler.




According to  David Phillips, Canada's foremost climatologist,  this is just the beginning.

I am already  dreaming of cool autumn days.

Funny Encouragement Ecard: When the weather's hot and sticky, that's no time to dunk the dicky... but when then frost is on the pumpkin, that's the time for dicky dunkin.


Maybe I need to go sit in the river up to my neck and cool off.

7 Comments:

At 9:01 a.m., Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Yes, do enjoy your river.

 
At 7:56 a.m., Blogger possum said...

Yes, it has been a scorcher here, too... heat index over 100. Had a storm last night - dropped the temps to the 70s. That was a relief. It sounded good when the a/c unit shut itself off.

Sitting in the river sounds good!

 
At 9:09 a.m., Blogger Caddie said...

Why not? Just be careful and don't plop down on a rock. Youch!

Wet washcloth, a constant companion to me. The heat is a misery lately. Yet let's not forget those bitter cold days when we wait impatiently (me) for those lazy, hazy days of summer.

 
At 6:53 p.m., Blogger Hidden Haven Homestead said...

You know I am not enjoying this heat. Sitting in the river would be wonderful if there were one close by. I will just dream of cold winter winds that are hopefully around the corner. stay cool

 
At 11:54 p.m., Blogger Rachel said...

It's hot here too. Tonight we have a nice breeze and it has cooled off. Very hot during the day though. A cool off in the river sounds wonderful. Days like these I wish I had a swimming pool!

 
At 8:30 a.m., Blogger Ginnie said...

I think the heat is really getting to you, Philip. Marilyn Monroe indeed !! Long before I met my husband he had a girlfriend who called him "Dicky" and he told me he'd quote that to her when the weather got hot !

 
At 3:54 a.m., Anonymous Gravel Suppliers said...

You know I am not enjoying this heat. Sitting in the river would be wonderful if there were one close by. I will just dream of cold winter winds that are hopefully around the corner. stay cool

 

Post a Comment

<< Home