DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Saturday, August 20, 2011


Catching Up With Family

A couple of weeks ago, I had took an opportunity to visit with my brother Richard and his wife Carol. They were on a holiday in Southern Ontario visiting family and friends in both Toronto and Fort Erie. I travelled south with Lynne, who had come North to attend a wedding I was officiating . We went for an afternoon and dinner at my sister Penny's place to share some time with them.

Richard and Carol live in Charlotte, North Carolina, where they are retired nurses. We do not get to see them very often. Those who regularly read my blog remember that Richard and Carol hiked the compete Appalachian Trail last year. Since finishing the Trail Carol has been successfully fighting breast cancer. Being very fit, having lots of family support and successful therapy have all contributed to her successful outcome. It was also Richard and Carol's wedding anniversary. It was good to spend some time with them, celebrating, and get caught up on family information.

Richard and Carol will be hiking in Florida soon, doing something they enjoy together. In the future they hope to hike the Pacific CrestTrail from Mexico to Canada.















Me, Richard and Penny



















Richard and Carol















Heidi and her new friend, Jenny. As you can see Heidi thinks she is a lap dog.

It is always difficult for me to leave Heidi behind whenever I go any where. A neighbour and blogging friend, Jenny offered to care for her in spite of being in the midst of packing up for a move to a new home. She also has five dogs of her own. Her offer was generous if not heroic

It seems Heidi worked her affectionate magic and wooed Jenny, who would have liked to have kept her after only four days. I had to reassure her that Heidi and I are "joined at the hip" and I was in no way willing to part with her. Jenny has offered to dog sit again. Which would be nice for me and Heidi. . . . . and Jenny, I gather.

Thanks Jenny.





Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

At 10:59 a.m., Blogger Anvilcloud said...

That picture of Heidi on Jenny is wonderful!

 
At 7:29 p.m., Blogger KGMom said...

Oh my--Heidi is a very LARGE lap dog.
But then I recall reading that dogs do not have a sense of their own size--so Heidi likely just knows she like the close contact being a lap dog affords her.

 
At 5:53 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:26 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carol Rocks! I read most of their trail blog and was really inspired by her. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Heidi's cute too.

bonnye in west sacramento

 
At 5:35 p.m., Blogger Hidden Haven Homestead said...

wish I lived close enough and I would let Heidi visit me when you need to travel. Just love that "little" girl. LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home